Thursday, June 26, 2008

Adventures in Wallpaper Removal

For some reason, I thought that while each of the kids was at summer camp, it would be a great idea to re-do their rooms. Nathan went to boy scout camp last week, and I managed to get it all finished a few hours before he arrived home. This included scraping off the old wallpaper, patching the walls, putting a coat of primer on the walls, and then putting the paint on. (Not to mention the cleaning, sorting, and re-arranging of furniture.) My knees hurt from all the up and down on the stepstool and my fingers ached from scraping the wallpaper. But I did it! Nathan got home on Saturday, and then Hannah left the following day. In her room, I have managed to get all of the wallpaper down and the walls are ready for the primer, but I'm pooped! Hannah gets home tomorrow and there's no way I'll be done before she returns, so I guess she'll be sleeping with me and the dogs!

I was telling Joe on the phone yesterday that I could start my own wallpaper-removal business... but I don't think I enjoy enough to do that. Maybe it's more fun if you do it in somebody else's house??

The good news is that in the house there are two less rooms with wallpaper; only seven more to go!

2 comments:

meowmix said...

OMG, I HATE wallpaper! It can be pretty, but the removal is terrible. Every room in our house had a border of some kind...I have all but one removed. It's in the kitchen and up above the cabinets....how am I supposed to reach that??

Sounds like you're having a *fun* summer so far!

Jill

Michelle said...

You must be in a house built in the 80s. Our house had lots o wallpaper in it!! We now only have one border left!! It's been a lot of work. Have you ever heard of using liquid Downy to take it off. Google that. It works and makes your house smell like clean laundry!!!